Triad Combat, this revolutionary, new combat team sport which incorporates boxing and MMA rules with the fighters competing in a specially designed triangular ring over two-minute rounds features professional boxers competing against professional mixed martial artists. This is newest fighting format to hit the ground debuting in Arlington Texas tomorrow night at Globe Life Field. Today we walked in to the final official weigh in at The Renaissance Hotel in Dallas Texas and you could feel the tension in the room.
The tale is set and the ring is ready for the most brutal combat sport ever. Here is the office weight for each fight.
1. Harry Gigliotti (142.8) vs. Jacob Thrall (145) Featherweights – Five Rounds
2. Angelina Hoffschneider (130.1) vs. Alexa Culp (126.2) Featherweights – Five Rounds
3. Scott Sigmon (175.5) vs. Albert Tumenov (175.5) Middleweights – Seven Rounds
4. Brian Vera (167.6) vs. Derek Campos (164.1) Welterweights – Seven Rounds
5. Derek Compos (175.8) vs. Mike Perry (174.7) Middleweights – Seven Rounds
6. Alexander Flores (244.7) vs. Matt Mitrione (272.2) Heavyweights – Seven Rounds
THE MAIN EVENT
Headlining Triad Combat is a nine-round heavyweight battle between Two-Time UFC Heavyweight World Champion Frank Mir of Las Vegas, NV and Two-Time Heavyweight Boxing World Title Challenger Kubrat ‘The Cobra’ Pulev of Sofia, Bulgaria. Mir holds the records for the most finishes in UFC history (13) and most wins by submission in the UFC heavyweight division (8). Sporting a record of 28-2 with fourteen knockouts, Pulev’s only losses throughout his distinguished career have come in world title bouts to Wladimir Klitschko and Anthony Joshua.
Kubrat Pulev (254.9) vs. Frank Mir (269.4) Heavyweights – Nine Rounds