Why a Pumpkin?
by, 01-17-2012 at 03:52 AM (362 Views)
Every night at the stroke of midnight, I turn into a pumpkin. At some point, you may have been wondering why a pumpkin and not a yellow squash or a cucumber. Below are some reasons why pumpkins are much cooler than squash and cucumbers in no particular order.
1. Pumpkins can be carved into jack-o-lanterns
2. You can pan fry pumpkin seeds and make a tasty snack
3. They are round, orange, and can get rather large
4. You can use them to make pie
5. Many cool bands use a form of their namesake (e.g. The Smashing Pumpkins)
6. The fairy god mother turned a pumpkin into a carriage to take Cinderella to the ball (how cool is that?)
7. I was force fed yellow squash a bit too much as a kid. I do still eat it, but it is not a preferred edible gourd for this pallet.
8. Saying you are going to turn into a pumpkin sounds a hell of a lot better than a cucumber or squash. Try saying you are going to turn into one of those and see if you keep a straight face.
So there you have it. And now it is time to turn into a pumpkin. Night all!