Santana "Guitar Heaven: The Greatest Guitar Classics Of All Time" Review
by, 10-13-2011 at 05:31 AM (223 Views)
Santana - "Guitar Heaven: The Greatest Guitar Classics Of All Time"
01. Whole Lotta Love Feat. Chris Cornell
02. Can't You Hear Me Knocking Feat. Scott Weiland
03. Sunshine Of Your Love Feat. Rob Thomas
04. While My Guitar Gently Weeps Feat. India Arie & Yo-Yo Ma
05. Back In Black Feat. Nas & Janelle Monae
06. Riders On The Storm Feat. Chester Bennington & Ray Manzarek
07. Smoke On The Water Feat. Jacoby Shaddix
08. Photograph Feat. Chris Daughtry
09. Bang A Gong (Get It On) Feat. Gavin Rossdale
10. Little Wing Feat. Joe Cocker
11. I Ain't Supersticious Feat. Jonny Lang
New Santana album absolutely blows. Sure, It's a neat concept doing a 'covers' album which, you think i'd instantly love it... The entire album feels like he's trying to come up with that " next big single" as he's been trying ever since "smooth" came out - And i think it's a standard now in the world of rock-stardom that you guest on a Santana album.
I'm not taking anything away from the musicianship and Talent on the album. If it had come out say, 15 years ago before We've already had 10 Santana featuring singles, I probably would love the album from front to back. I guess I'm biased because i'm completely burnt out on Santana seemingly not having any originality left in him anymore.
Correct me if i'm wrong though, While i don't know the terms of his record contract - which 90% of it is probably the label putting him up to it. But the fact of the matter is, He's been in the business for years and years and years, and it just doesn't sound like he's in it for the love of the music anymore - But the paychecks. And Even if he is in it for the sake of saying "Hear that lastest top 10 single? That was me..", He can't even say "I wrote it..!"
That's what the entire album feels like, and as Bill shatner said it best - I Just can't get behind that.